Wednesday 18 April 2012

The Baby Laundry for Unmarried Mothers

Book Title : The Baby Laundry for Unmarried Mothers
Author : Angela Patrick
Year Published : 2012
Date I Read : 17 Apr 2012
My Rating : 7/10

Theme
The book is about being a single mom in the 1960s. We read the story of Angela Brown giving birth to her son Paul and their lived before, during and after.

What I thought about the book
It was a very touching story. Knowing that it is an Autobiography brought tears to my eyes. Trying to write this blog entry, I am crying again. Very touching. It was a very fast paced read. Loved it.

When I finished reading it, one thought crossed my mind. Hopefully all that is written is true. I remember a long time ago reading a book Million Little Pieces by James Frey. It became quite popular after he appeared on Oprah's show. It turned out later that he had fabricated many things in the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment