Saturday 25 February 2012

The Immortals of Meluha


Book Title         : The Immortals of Meluha
Author               : Amish Tripati
Year Published  : 2010
Date I Read      : 10 Feb 2012
My Rating         : 7/10


Theme

Immortals of Meluha is part 1 of the Shiva Trilogy by Amish Tripati. It is a book written fictionalizing the life of Shiva. It describes Shiva as a tribal leader in the Himalayas who rises to be Neelakanth to help the people of Meluha. The story revolves around different groups of people - Suryavanshis, Chandravanshis and Nagas.

What I thought about it

When I started reading the book, I was taken aback. The first page talks about Shiva smoking Marijuana. I was surprised it survived the hindutva leaders J. As I read it I really enjoyed the book. It beautifully weaves facts and characters in Shiva’s life with fiction. You will find yourself reading about characters like Nandi, Bruhaspati etc.

If I write a lot about this book, I will give away a lot of storyline. I really do not want to do that. If you are interested in the plot, read it in Wikipedia link below.

I highly recommend this book.

Related links

The Immortals of Meluha in Wikipedia
Amish Tripati in Wikipedia
Shiva Trilogy in his Website

Challenges

Linking this to letter I for A to Z by Title

Linking this to letter T for A to Z by Author Last Name

Linking this to #3 for South Asian Books

No comments:

Post a Comment